20 Questions to Help You Reflect the Past Year
The new year will be here only in a few days, so it’s the perfect time to reflect on 2017. I’ve always used the winter break to recalibrate my life. I invite you to join in me a deep and thorough reflection process to finish strong.
A year end review is a great exercise to live intentionally. It’s a way to slow down, do a postmortem on the highs and lows of our life. Most importantly, you get to see yourself from a 30,000 ft level. You get to see the intricate design God has placed in your life.
The following are twenty questions every leader should journal as you conduct your annual review.
1. What activities made you lose track of time?
2. What do you deserve a pat on the back for?
3. Which area(s) did you thrive in the wheel of life?
4. Which areas did you struggle in the wheel of life?
5. If someone wrote a book about your life this past year, what kind of genre would it be? A comedy, love story, drama, film or something else?
6. Where and how did God work in your life this past year?
7. If you had to describe your 2016 in 3 words, what would they be?
8. What was your most common mental state this year (e.g. excited, curious, stressed)?
9. What was the three books that has the greatest influence this past year?
10. What was your favorite place that you visited in 2016?
11. What was your single biggest time waster this past year?
12. What was the best way you used your time this past year?
13. What, or who, are you most thankful for?
14. What advice would you give your early-2016 self if you could?
15. What one thing would you do differently and why?
16. What did you think about more than anything else?
17. What topics did you most enjoy learning about?
18. How did your overall outlook on life evolve?
19. What was your favorite compliment that you received this year?
20. What was the most important lesson you learned in 2016?What do you deserve a pat on the back for?
Take time to mull over these questions. Write your answers down. Find opportunities where you can share your learnings.
Questions: What has been your greatest “a-ha” moment for 2017?