IN A NUTSHELL…
Paul Sohn was born to glorify God through EQUIPPING, CONNECTING, AND TRANSFORMING people and organizations into Christ-centered, world-changing influencers of our society. Paul’s vision is to be a thought-leader and pioneer in equipping, empowering, and mobilizing millions of people and organizations into kingdom-minded and world-changing influencers of our society. His core values are faith, excellence, continuous learning, equipping and integrity.
Paul is a Korean-Canadian-American who has lived an itinerant life. As a Millennial Paul has a heart for EQUIPPING, CONNECTING, AND TRANSFORMING the next generation of leaders to discover God-given purpose and talent in life.
ORGANIZATIONAL CHIROPRACTOR – Paul eliminates pain and improves the performance of organizations he works with. He aligns leaders, employees, and processes to drive customer satisfaction. He is a knowledgeable and expert facilitator, consultant, and trainer with experience guiding a variety of audiences from executives, front-line leaders, and employees in Fortune 500 organizations.
INTENTIONAL LEADER – Paul embodies living intentionally. He serves others by helping others gain clarity over their inner selves, living a purpose-driven life, leveraging their strengths, and maximizing their potential.
MIND MOLDER – Paul is a mind molder who changes the course of how people think. He leverages his intentional, servant leadership, daily discipline of life-long learning and development, and spiritual foundation to enable leaders become Christ-centered world-changing mind molders in our society. Paul is committed to breaking the secular mindsets and inculcating the Good News in people’s lives. He daily strives to cultivate the fruits of the Holy Spirit in his life.
Paul currently works at The Boeing Company as a Staff Analyst in the Lean function. Outside of work I currently serve as a board member and consultant at Portland Leadership Foundation.
WRITING & BLOGGING
The goal for the blog is to equip and empower the next generation of Christ-centered men and women to become mind molders of our society through providing relevant, inspiring, and practical knowledge and tools to help them create a societal transformation of this world.
The focus of the blog rest on four pillars:
- INTENTIONAL LIVING: I write about how to suck out all the marrow of life. That is, to live wholly and fully through discovering your God-given calling in life.
- GROWTH: To be mind molder means to continually reinvent yourself by investing in your growth and development. Change is the only constant. I share helpful resources and fresh insights to help you ignite your engine for growth and development.
- LEADERSHIP: Leadership is the sine qua non for becoming a mind molder. By learning how to make an intentional influence in a person’s life, the blog offers cutting-edge insights on how to grow and develop as a more effective leader.
- THE CHRISTIAN LIFE: The personshood of Jesus Christ needs to be embedded in our daily words, thoughts, and actions. The blog provides stories, information and tools to prevail in this spiritual warfare by following Jesus Christ in our lives.
When Jesus spoke on the mountain to a group of insignificant, uneducated men of Galilee, why didn’t He say, “You are the sugar of this earth and shadow of the world?” Instead, why did Jesus clearly command to be the salt and light of this world? What did Jesus really mean by that? As a Christian, being salt and light is not optional. Jesus did not say you can be or you have the potential to be. He said you are. Here’s some characteristics of salt and light you want to take note of:
Salt – Salt has a peculiar taste of its own, utterly unlike anything else. When mingled with other substances, it preserves them from corruption. It imparts a portion of its taste to everything it is mixed with. It is useful so long as it preserves its savor, but no longer. Are we true Christians? Then see in this our place and duties!
Light – It is the property of light to be utterly distinct from darkness. The least spark in a dark room can be seen at once. Of all things created, light is the most useful. It makes things grow. It guides. It cheers. It was the first thing called into being. Without it the world would be a gloomy blank. Are we true Christians? Then see again our position and responsibilities!
- Adapted from The Gospel of Matthew by J.C. Ryle (Chapter 5)
To learn how to be a SALT & LIGHT of this world, click HERE.
Top 10 Must-Read Articles:
Here’s the most popular blog posts people have read on Salt+Light. Hope the content adds value as being salt and light of this world. God bless!