972.816.4831 | email@example.com
Organizational Development and Human Resource Specialist
A versatile SHRM certified professional with experience in change management and human capital development, as well as in-depth knowledge of planning/executing organizational improvement for a variety of businesses and non-profits
- Excel in the human aspect of change with the ability to motivate, inspire, engage, train, coach and win extensive buy-in to corporate initiatives and performance-improvement programs
- Educated in a wide range of HR skills including recruitment, on-boarding and orientation, Strength-Weakness- Opportunity-Threat (SWOT) analysis, confidential document handling and communications strategy.
- Drive and facilitate efficient, organized and on-point meetings, with proven experience in building and managing teams, coaching managers and developing leadership qualities.
- Committed to continual learning and keeping abreast of advances in human and organizational development, HR practices and performance improvement; built an informal network of digital and human information contacts.
- Deliver international scope with extensive travel across Asia, Europe and North America, residency in South Korea, Canada and the U.S.; bi-lingual in Korean and English.
Certifications and Memberships
Human Capital Strategist Certification, Human Capital Institute (HCI Executive Member)
Professional Human Resources Certification, SHRM (SHRM Conference 2009, 2010; Global HR Forum 2011)
Change Leader Certificate, Cornell University | Top Facilitation Certificate |
Leader of Boeing Diversity Council | EDI Leadership Development Program Alumni
Staff Analyst THE BOEING COMPANY Portland, OR | 2011 – Present
Member of the LEAN Plus office, driving continuous improvement in the Fabrication division and contributing experience in human capital change management, influence and development.
- Instrumental in implementing a site-wide change management initiative incorporating the terminology, metrics and energy of baseball into an Employee Involvement program.
- Develop and deploy change implementation, engaging a 20% increase in employee participation, while facilitating eight Employee Involvement (EI) teams and coaching managers driving high-performance teams.
- Designed and implemented a blended communication strategy to win buy-in and ownership of the EI Baseball initiative of facilitators and managers, delivering presentations and providing email and print collateral.
- Won 90% employee engagement in site-wide EI World Series Celebration event, training 30+ peer facilitators and EI team coaches to increase team development skills.
- Spearheaded weekly “Culture Change” team meetings, growing buy-in by 50% of traditionally-resistant 2nd shift managers.
- Served as the focal for the Employee Involvement Team Management Systems (EITMS) ensuring effective data management of confidential information.
Human Resources Intern THE BOEING COMPANY Portland, OR | Summer/Winter 2010
The HR department for the fabrication division providing parts for jet aircraft assemblies with 5,000 employees
- Recognized for outstanding contributions to the New Manager Orientation program by developing an innovative, engaging on-boarding process, winning participation of 90% of new managers; received the Pride@ Boeing award.
- Developed a robust recognition program, reinforcing Boeing’s corporate strategy, core values, and desired behaviors, earning an historic high in employee engagement survey scores.
- Prioritized consumption of cutting-edge white papers from outside consulting firms to incorporate innovative practices into current work activities, continually improving processes and engaging the workforce.
- Conducted an informal, cross-functional cultural assessment of work groups by interviewing 20+ operators and 20+ managers; presented key findings to the VP of HR, General Manager and the Leadership Team.
Organization Development Intern QUALCOMM San Diego, CA | Summer 2009
The world leader in next-generation mobile technologies driving wireless growth and information sharing.
- Designed, planned and facilitated focus groups for 30+ interns, leading discussions to drive out specific recommendations for program improvements; drafted and delivered a proposal to the management team.
- Awarded the QUALSTAR award, reserved for the top 5% contributors providing exceptional work planning of organizational initiatives.
- Coordinated the internal employee tradeshow, attracting 3000 attendees and increasing survey respondents by 62% over previous year; collaborating with Learning Center managers to develop event strategy, theme and marketing collateral.
- Researched, compiled and catalogued OD tools and internal consulting tools such as best-practices in leadership development and talent management, making materials easily accessible for knowledge transfer.
Strategic Planning Consultant PORTLAND LEADERSHIP FOUNDATION Portland, OR
An award winning, non-profit enterprise delivering leadership and bridge-building between charitable partners to effectively reach out to marginalized individuals and families.
- Delivering instruction and advice on developing effective boards for seasoned guidance, as well as training in strategic planning; serve as a coach to the foundation’s executive director.
- Synthesized relevant data to identify and develop strategies for new market opportunities and partnership acquisition and integration.
- Coordinate SWOT analysis meetings with executive director and fellow consultant team members to manage time effectively, keep stakeholders on topic and guide consensus.
Organizational Development Consultant OREGON OD NETWORK Portland, OR
The premier professional association serving as a focal point for organizational development across multiple industries and leading companies, facilitating change management and OD maximization.
- Advising client organizations on implementing and refining OD to transform unfocused vision into concrete, actionable initiatives.
- Analyzed organizational needs via the McKinsey 7S model, framing issues and developing strategic solutions to realize optimal organizational alignment.
- Facilitated SWOT assessments and coached Board members in revitalizing strategic plans and ensuring stakeholder buy-in for effective implementation.
Bachelor of commerce w/ concentration in Organizational Behavior and Human Resources
UNIVERSITY OF BRITISH COLUMBIA, SAUDER SCHOOL OF BUSINESS, Vancouver, BC
Founder & Executive Vice President – UBC KOREAN COMMERCE STUDENT ASSOCIATION
First Korean business student club in Western Canada
HR Director – UBC COMMERCE UNDERGRADUATE SOCIETY
Largest Business Student Society in Canada
VP Strategy – UBC CONSULTING CLUB