Catalyst One Day Session 2: Craig Groeschel – 5 Ways to Break Your Leadership Barriers
5 Things to Change About How You Think
1. Change what you believe is possible.
- If you don’t believe something can be done, you’ll prove it can’t.
- You can make excuses or you can make progress, but you can’t make both.
2. Change the way you structure your organization.
Structuring for Growth
- Empower the board to oversee not manage.
- Develop a right hand team not a right hand person.
- Keep the number of directional decision makers small.
- Drive non-directional decisions deeper into the organization.
3. Change how you empower to grow or help them to go.
Making the Developmental Conversation Easier
- Things aren’t going well.
- I want you to succeed. I’ll do everything I can to help you.
- We’re going to meet regularly to evaluate your progress.
- If you can’t get there, we are going to have to make a change.
4. Change how you think about your goals.
Create Short Term Wins
- Your goals should be measurable and defined.
- The distance between the goal and the win should be short.
5. Change what you believe about yourself.