Here’s one disturbing fact: After 1 year on the job…70% of U.S employees are not engaged at work.
This study emerges from arguably the most comprehensive research from the foremost consulting firm Gallup Organization. (i.e., 30 years of in-depth research involving more than 17 million employees) In order to find the right questions, they fundamentally focused on how great managers inspire top performance in employees. How do they generate passion, unite disparate personalities to focus on a common purpose, and propel teams to achieve ever-higher goals?
Below, you’ll find a PowerPoint presentation that outlines Gallup’s 12 Elements of Great Managing. I hope you’ll find this useful.
Paul Sohn is an organizational development expert, and intentional leader, and kingdom-minded influencer. Paul currently serves at The Boeing Company as a LEAN practitioner, providing expertise in continuous improvement initiatives, building high-performing teams and processes to create effective organizations. Paul also serves as an organizational consultant and Board Director at the Portland Leadership Foundation. He is writing his forthcoming book on how to live intentionally as a twenty-something. Paul received a Bachelor of Commerce degree at University of British Columbia in 2010. Above all, Paul’s vision is to turn the world upside down by equipping, connecting, and transforming emerging Christian leaders and organizations.
Connect with me on the following social media platforms.
My name is Paul Sohn. I'm a Korean-Canadian/American. I am known as an Organizational Chiropractor, Purpose Weaver, and Kingdom-minded Catalyst. I equip, empower, and transform people and organizations.
“God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say ‘thank you?’ – William Arthur Ward One of the words that has been stripped of its meaning is the word ‘blessing.’ Many of us blithely use the word blessing, such as “I am so blessed.” or “I want to be […]
A Free Book Giveaway? Yes! The singular reason why I chose this book “Aspire: Discovering Your Purpose Through the Power of Words” is to giveaway was simply the mind-boggling 730 five-star reviews on Amazon.com. I honestly have never seen such a book well-received like this one. Stephen Covey who wrote the foreword said, “Once you […]
“If it falls to your lot to be a street sweeper, sweep streets like Michelangelo painted pictures, sweep streets like Beethoven composed music … Sweep streets like Shakespeare wrote poetry. Sweep streets so well that all the host of heaven and earth will have to pause and say: Here lived a great street sweeper who […]
Frank Zappa was fond of saying, “So many books, so little time.” If you are a young professional aspiring to lead and impact organizations, you may resonate with this statement. I’d like to introduce you to top books that are tested and provide a plethora of takeaways that will catapult you into a more effective […]
Are you a seasoned professional looking for a transition in your career? Are you a young professional looking to accelerate your leadership development opportunities? Or, are you a recent grad or soon-to-be graduate seeking to work at your dream job? If you find yourself in any one of these categories, this is a MUST-READ! I […]
God and Guinness? To many, this juxtaposition may appear sacrilegious, if not rightfully awkward. But only those who know the story behind the Guinness family can fully appreciate the connection between the two; that is, how the national drink of Ireland became arguably the greatest instrument for propagating the Gospel. Here are some interesting tidbits I gleaned […]
Jeff Bezos—Amazon, 1961 In the early 1990s, while working as a computer analyst with a New York investment house, Jeff Bezos saw that the internet was growing at a rate of 2300 per cent per year, and thought that people would one day buy things over the internet. The best options seemed to be books […]
Anyone who is a student of leadership knows there is no single, definitive definition of leadership. The notion is rich with interdisciplinary origins and application. Embarking on this life-long leadership voyage in the last several years, I have started to learn the ins and outs of what it means to be a leader. The more […]
It’s time to face the inconvenient truth. The truth is, we are living in a world where disengagement at the workplace has reached epidemic proportions. In 2013, only an average of 13% of people said they like their jobs. That leaves 87% of us who either dislike or hate their jobs. Early this month, Gallup […]
Paul Sohn’s mission in life is to glorify God through equipping, connecting, and transforming people and organizations into Christ-centered, world-changing influencers of our society. Paul’s vision is to be a thought-leader and ... Read More