Reading Habits of Highly Effective People [Infographic]
Oscar Wilde is right: “It is what you read when you don’t have to that determines what you will be when you can’t help it.”
Leaders are readers. According to an HBR article, “Nike founder Phil Knight so reveres his library that in it you have to take off your shoes and bow.”
- Oprah Winfrey credits books with much of her success: “Books were my pass to personal freedom.”
- Mark Cuban, zealous owner of the NBA’s Dallas Mavericks, reads more than three hours every day.
- Arthur Blank, co-founder of Home Depot, reads two hours a day.
- Billionaire entrepreneur David Rubenstein reads six books a week.
- Pastor Rick Warren readers a book a day.
- Dan Gilbert, self-made billionaire and owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers, reads one to two hours a day.
If you are wondering what to read, here’s a list of great books you can start with:
- Top 30 Books Every Young Professionals Should Read
- The 11 Most Thought-Provoking Books on Leadership
- 10 Most Influential Christian Leaders Pick 5 Most Influential Books
- Here Is The One Perfect Book For Every Single Myers-Briggs Type
- 10 Books That Will Help You Keep Your New Year’s Resolutions