The Highlights of 2013
Rewind my life a year ago while I was spending countless hours creating my perfect plan for 2013. I wrote a post called “How to Create New Years Resolutions that Work.” If you know me, you know I’ve always been a strong believer of goal setting. You also may know that I can be occasionally great at initiating but not always good at finishing. This is an area that I’m continuing to work on thankfully with gradual improvements.
Early this year, I was determined to follow Charles Richards’ advice:
“Don’t be fooled by the calendar. There are only as many days in the year as you make use of. One man gets only a week’s value out of a year while another man gets a full year’s value out of a week.”
I must say 2013 has been one of the most eventful and productive periods in my life. There were a lot of “firsts” in 2013 – first podcast interview, first video interview, first speaking engagement and more. While I am blessed to have quite a bit of success in the area of professional growth, I felt occasionally my priorities were shifted from living a life of intentionality. This is when I realized when how foundations are indispensable for any success in life.
I will write more in the following posts before the year end of my thoughts around how I will reframe my perspective and priorities for 2014 on a more intentional life.
- Began my first MasterMind Group led my John Maxwell Certified Leadership Coach James Toudy – Started John Maxwell’s classic “21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership”
- Attended Mission ConneXion conference and heard my spiritual hero Ravi Zacharias speak
- Joined my first Toastmasters group
- Conducted first interview with Ryan Avery, the youngest world champion of public speaking, on the topic of “How to speak like a world champion of public speaking”
- Attended Blessings Conference and met Os Hillman in person
- Became a member of the Board of Directors for Portland Leadership Foundation
- Joined Next Generation Leadership task force led by Os Hillman
- First magazine appearance at Converge Magazine on “Redefining Success”
- Recipient of the Future Leaders Scholarship of Christian Leadership Alliance. Moderated a leadership session by Mike Bonem “In Pursuit of Godly and Great Leadership”
- Published my first e-book “He Said, She Said, and You?” To download a FREE copy, click HERE.
- Attended my first Hillsong Concert in Portland, Oregon!
- Memorized the entire book of 2 Timothy and recited it HERE.
- Had the privilege of meeting robot scientist Dennis Hong and sharing a luncheon with great conversation. Check out Dr. Hong’s TED talk.
- Hiked Beacon Rock & Eagle Creek trail
- My first speaking engagement at 180th Pacific Coast Rover Scout Group in Vancouver, BC
- Reunion with two of my close friends Ryan Kim and Eric Choice at Irving Library in UBC!
- Attended EDI Graduation to congratulate my friends who’ve graduated from this year’s program
- Moved to New Apartment
- Completed reading more than 40 books this year. Here’s the list of all the books I’ve read in 2013
- 85 blog posts published with an overall 110% increase of views from average viewership in 2012
Thank you for making 2013 one of the most memorable years in my life. In 2014, I really would like to get to know you better. So, please take a moment and say Hi! This would mean the world to me!
You can connect with any of the following ways:
Call me: 972-816-4831
Email me: email@example.com
Tweet me: https://twitter.com/pauljsohn
Connect w/ me on FB: https://www.facebook.com/paul.j.sohn
Like my FB page: https://www.facebook.com/saltpluslight
Link me: http://www.linkedin.com/in/pauljsohn
I wish you a Merry Christmas and Blessed New Years! Thanks for being part of the Salt&Light family!
Question: What was your top highlight in 2013?