Top 10 Trends: What’s Next in 2013?….World, Business, Consumer, Workplace, and Technology
Top 10 Global Trends for 2013 (Click Here Full Story @Economist)
- Social everything: New generations and their digital world stepping forward
- Redefining value: The consumer is winning the fight to own the new consume
- Distributed everything: Mobility in production and consumption
- The next “industrial” revolution: Robots and smart machines reshaping work
- The new space race: Pushing the frontiers of technology once again?
- Geopolitical wars: The fight to control the future
- Resource wars escalating: From a world of abundance to shortage
- Business stepping up: From profit to purpose
- Information is power: The security challenge
- Who needs banks anyway? Reshaping the financial system
Top 10 Business Trends for 2013 (Click Here for Full Story @Entrepreneur.com)
- The Rise of Big Data: Cutting-edge entrepreneurs are stepping up to crunch the vast (and ever-growing) stockpile of information too large for companies to store and analyze in-house.
- Domestic Production Makes a Comeback: Factors like more affordable labor, higher shipping costs, a better financial climate and a surge of homegrown innovation mean the U.S. manufacturing startup universe is experiencing a renaissance.
- The Workspace of the Future: The office is getting a new look — or being phased out altogether.
- Managers Who Understand the Importance of Goofing Off: CEOs get the message about the value of fun in the workplace and its contribution to the bottom line.
- Beauty Seekers Favor ‘Cosmeceuticals‘: Consumers take a shine to advanced personal-care products.
- Hot Sauce Goes Mainstream: Move over ketchup. Hot sauce is now one of the 10 fastest-growing industries in the U.S.
- Energy-Drink Market Gets a Boost From Young Consumers: Energy-enhancing products have grown into a multibillion-dollar industry fueled by young consumers.
- Healthcare Goes Digital: The digital health-technology market will be worth $5.7 billion by 2015, with chronic care, wellness and medication management leading the charge.
- Using Transparency to Build Consumer Trust: Weary consumers have had enough of false promises and conflicting marketing claims and are simply seeking brands they can trust.
- Unique Vending Machines Drive Stagnant Industry Forward: Recent innovations like touchscreen technology, electronic-payment options and unique products could give the vending machines industry a boost.
- Creative Financing Grows in Popularity: Traditional business lending is still faltering, but more people are starting businesses, which means borrowers and lenders are getting creative.
Top 10 Consumer Trends for 2013 (Euromonitor Interntional):
Download Top 10 Consumer Trends for 2013, featuring more details on the trends listed above.
- Spending on convenience nudging into the quest for value
- Crowded house redux
- Downtime decoded
- Food: More than a life staple
- Gendered consumption RIP?
- Local love
- Older and off to work and train
- Parenting lifestyles
- Shopping like it’s the future
- The roll call of consumer concerns
Top 10 Workplace Trends for 2013 (Click Here for Full Story @Dan Schawbel)
- Millennials will rise up
- Working from home becomes mainstream
- Emphasis on employee engagement
- More boomers retire.
- Intrapreneurship is embraced
- Freelance nation booms.
- The skills gap shrinks
- Internal hiring takes off
- Employees become social advocates
- Women start to outpace men at work
Top 10 Technology Trends for 2013 (Click Here for Full Story @Marketwatch)
- Will Apple hit a wall—or break through it?
- Will PCs bounce back? (And will it get a boost from Windows 8?)
- Will Microsoft (and Steve Ballmer) recover?
- Can Meg Whitman win back Wall Street’s confidence in Hewlett-Packard?
- Who will lead Intel after Otellini (And can the company gain more share against ARM-based chipmakers?)
- Will Facebook regain its buzz on Wall Street?
- Can Yahoo stage a comeback under Marissa Mayer?
- Can Zynga and Groupon recover?
- Will the BlackBerry (and RIM) survive?
- What will be the big buzzword? Cloud? Saas? SDN?
Lastly, check out this interesting Top 20 Trends in 2013 Video from Trend Hunter
Question to you: What Trends Do You Forecast in 2013?