Top 30 Books Every Young Influencer Must Read
It’s almost a platitude that reading is used as a tool to inspire influencers to grow. If you want to know which top books every young influencer/ leader should read, please read below. You can download here the survey results in the PDF format. Below is a culmination of of what Jason Young and Daniel Decker embarked on – the definitive list of recommended books every young influencer must read.
- Over 200 people completed the survey, each sharing their top 5 recommended books.
- That’s nearly 1000 books we combed through and put into a simple, easy to read, downloadable PDF. We listed the books by “Vote” which is basically how many times the book appeared or was recommended overall throughout the survey.
- While the survey respondents varied by all types of backgrounds, the results slanted more from the perspective of those involved with some aspect of ministry. This is primarily due to the number of people in the ministry space who retweeted the survey link.
- While we were looking for traditional books for the results of this survey, it’s also worthwhile to note that the Bible was the #1 suggested resource overall.
Here’s the Top 30 that made the list:
1. Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap… and Others Don’t
2. Next Generation Leader: 5 Essentials for Those Who Will Shape the Future
3. How To Win Friends and Influence People
4. The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership: Follow Them and People Will Follow You
5. Tribes: We Need You to Lead Us
6. Linchpin: Are You Indispensable?
7. Never Eat Alone: And Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time
8. Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God
9. The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable
10. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
11. Spiritual Leadership: Principles of Excellence for Every Believer
12. Axiom: Powerful Leadership Proverbs
13. Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity
14. The Magic of Thinking Big
15. The Dip: A Little Book That Teaches You When to Quit (and When to Stick)
16. Visioneering: God’s Blueprint for Developing and Maintaining Vision
17. Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die
19. The Energy Bus: 10 Rules to Fuel Your Life, Work, and Team with Positive Energy
20. Outliers: The Story of Success
21. The Principle of the Path: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be
22. Courageous Leadership
23. Mere Christianity (C.S. Lewis Signature Classics)
24. Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream
25. A Million Miles in a Thousand Years: How I Learned to Live a Better Story
26. The Future of Management
27. Developing the Leader Within You
28. The Leadership Challenge: How to Make Extraordinary Things Happen in Organizations
29. Now, Discover Your Strengths
30. E-Myth Mastery: The Seven Essential Disciplines for Building a World Class Company
Questions: What are some books you would recommend to young influencers that are not on the list?