Paul Sohn is a leadership coach, best-selling author, and speaker.
“If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
My name is Paul Sohn. I’m a leadership coach, speaker, and author. Formerly employed by both a Fortune 50 company and a Top 100 Great Place to Work Company, I’m the founder and CEO of QARA, an organization committed to empower twenty-somethings to discover their God-given identity and calling. I’m the best-selling author of Quarter-Life Calling: Pursuing Your God-Given Purpose in Your Twenties. I earned my masters degree at the world’s premier Organization Development (OD) program at Pepperdine University.
I now devote my time to writing, coaching and speaking. In terms of my platform:
- My blog is ranked #15 of World’s Top 50 Leadership Blogs to Follow. On an average month, I have 100,000+ visitors/ month.
- I also a growing social media presence. I have over 40,000 followers on Twitter, and over 20,000 email subscribers.
My job is to equip, inspire, and empower leaders.
That is why I exist. I would describe myself as a servant leader, intentional connector and a big idea thinker. My vision to see more Christian leaders rise to the top of the seven spheres of culture.
On a personal note, I grew up as a third culture kid. I call myself a 1.5 generation Korean-Canadian-American. I love to read, write, and travel. I’m an ENFJ who refuels with people and have a deep desire to make a difference in people’s lives. Some of my favorite things include, Korean food, tennis, table tennis, travel, great food and conversations with great friends.
A little over a year ago, I faced my quarter-life crisis. I ended up quitting my high-paying Fortune 5o job without having a job lined up. Instead, I decided to respond to God’s call in my life. I didn’t know how he would turn my life upside down. The story below shares my story of how I turned my quarter-life crisis into a quarter-life calling.
I came to the realization that I’m not alone. So many twenty-somethings are lost. Confused. Anxious. Disappointed. Studies show that 80% of your life’s most defining moments happen before age 35. In other words, your twenties is the most transformative period of your life. That’s why I started QARA. The short video below shares the story and vision behind QARA.
Click here to see a 30-minute video with Paul speaking on how to discover your God-given identity and calling in life.
Click here to see a video interview with Paul speaking on intentional living.
Click here to listen to an audio interview with Paul speaking on calling/vocation and success.
- Top 33 Under 33 Christian Millennials to Watch by Christianity Today
- #15 of World’s Top 50 Leadership Blogs to Follow
- #10 of Most Socially-Shared Leadership Blogs
- Top 100 Leaders in 2016 by John C. Maxwell
- Young Influencer List by Brad Lomenick, former President of Catalyst Conference
- Young Influencer List by Thom Rainer, CEO of LifeWay Christian Resourcse
- Best 21st Century Leadership Blogs to Follow by Serve to Lead
- Top Leadership Blogs to Follow by Skip Prichard
Here are my top five most popular posts you might be interested in:
- Top 30 Books Every Young Influencer Must Read
- Building Your Authentic Personal Brand in 4 Simple Steps
- Living Intentionally In Your Defining Decade
- Jim Collins’ Top Ten To-Dos for Young Leaders
- 10 Ways to be a Life-long Learner
My Contact Information